At International House Aberdeen, we take your privacy very seriously and are committed to protecting the privacy and security of our students and partners. We fully appreciate and respect the importance of data protection and security on the Internet and to this end, we commit to the following:
If you want to update/delete your personal data submitted to us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
International House Aberdeen
130 Union Street
Phone number: 01224 634006
Email address: email@example.com
What information do we collect?
We collect information on you:
• When you make an enquiry for a course by email, phone, in person, through our website or on social media
• When you apply for a course by email, phone or through our website
• When you confirm and enrol on a course
• When your data are given to us by one of our partner agents to process an enquiry, application or enrolment.
When you (or your agency) make an enquiry to receive more information about our courses and our programmes, we ask you to provide the following information:
• Your full name
• Your phone number
• Your email address
When you choose to apply for one of our courses or programmes, we request the following additional information:
• Your nationality
• Your date of birth and sex
• Your home address
• Your current level of English (in order to be able to place you in the right class for your level)
• Details of all payments made by you
• Any relevant special needs or requirements
• The length of your stay in the UK and your travel details
• A copy of your passport (we will delete it as soon as the course is completed)
By submitting your information to us while making an enquiry or applying for a course, you allow us to use your personal data for the purpose of answering your enquiry or planning your programme with IH Aberdeen. You may remove your consent any time.
After your enquiry or booking, and with your explicit permission, we may send you emails we think may be of interest to you. You may decide to unsubscribe from this service at any time.
2.1 Former students and candidates on teacher training courses
International House Aberdeen run teacher training courses throughout the year.
After your initial enquiry about our teacher training courses, if you do not enrol on a course, and with your explicit permission, we may send you emails to inform you about dates and fees for our future courses.
After the completion of your teacher training course, and with your explicit permission, we may send you emails to inform you about teaching opportunities.
You can decide to unsubscribe from this service at any time.
3. Agents and Schools
If you work in partnership with us or if you choose to cooperate with us by making enquiries or by sending students to IH Aberdeen, we will require you to provide some information regarding your organisation:
• Your company name and contact details (address, phone number, email and website)
• The name(s) and contacts of relevant staff members to contact for enquiries, bookings and queries
IH Aberdeen retains details of all payments made to you or by you, along with records of invoices and other relevant documents.
Data you share with us
You are responsible for controlling student data. During the process of an enquiry, application or enrolment, you must share with us certain necessary student data.
The data required are specified on our booking form - we always request the following information:
• Student’s name and date of birth
• Student’s course requirement (duration, intensity, type)
• Other student’s requirement (Visa, special needs)
• Student’s special educational or hosting needs, if applicable
Once a student has confirmed their enrolment, we also require the following information:
• Student’s mobile phone number
• Student’s email address
• Family/tutor’s contacts when the student is a minor
• Family/tutor’s permissions when the student is a minor
Throughout the enquiry, application and enrolment process, and during a student’s course of study, IH Aberdeen acts as a processor of the student’s data. We do not use student information for any purposes not directly necessary for organising of their course of study.
4. Changes of policy
We may change this Policy form in the future. If we make any significant changes, we will notify you by sending you an email with the update.