International House Aberdeen – Corporate Social Responsibility
As an international language school we recognise the responsibility we have to care for our employees and the students that visit our school. We are also committed to understanding and managing our environmental impact and to playing an active role in supporting our local community.
More specifically through this policy we make the following commitments:
- We will conduct our business with honesty, integrity and openness, respecting human rights and the interests of our employees, customers and third parties.
- We will expect our suppliers to adopt similar practices and will seek to purchase more sustainable goods from local sources where there is an opportunity to do so.
- We will ensure the health and safety of our employees and clients in line with our Health and Safety Policy.
- We will not tolerate any form of discrimination, prejudice, bullying or harassment and will ensure dignity and respect of all staff and clients.
- We are committed to equal opportunity and will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender, disability, nationality, religion, philosophical belief, political belief, age, sexual orientation, family status, trade union activity or any other factor.
- We will provide our staff with the opportunity to develop their skills and progress in their careers through training and personal feedback.
- We will seek to provide the best educational programmes for our clients and ensure we have processes in place to manage the well-being of our clients during their stay.
- We will put in place processes to manage and measure the environmental impacts of our operations.
- We will seek to reduce these through a programme of annual target setting.
- We will seek to understand the issues affecting our local community.
- We will develop programmes to support local community initiatives by providing volunteering opportunities for our staff and clients.
We implement this policy through the development of annual implementation plans approved and monitored by the management team.
Download IH Aberdeen's Corporate Social Responsibility Policy here